Hello and welcome to the Safety/Facilities Update page for Fredericksburg City Public Schools. We aim to keep the public informed on the variety of building projects and safety measures being undertaken currently and in the near future, and provide this page and its contents for that reason. Check back here regularly for new press releases, photos, and more having to do with safety/facility work.
Safety Coordinator Angie Roenke facilitated the monthly meeting with FCPS leadership, the Fredericksburg Police Department, the Sheriff's Office, and Fire & Rescue. The following updates were shared with the School Board on Monday, February 6th.
- Division wide training for Crisis Management was held on Friday, January 20th, from 9 am to 2 pm. In attendance were each schools crisis management team, the division team, police, sheriff, fire, and EMS. During the training, three scenarios were presented, and each group went through the discussion on what they would do in that specific instance.
- Following that training, schools were asked to review crisis plans in order to be prepared.
- Police have completed training in all school buildings.
- Narcan Training has been completed. Several people completed the train-the-trainer and were given Narcan to personally carry for community issues.
- 4 doors at WGMS will be replaced for security reasons.
- Division leadership is meeting with companies who offer weapons detection systems and integrated camera systems for alerts.