6-12 Virtual Program
As a courtesy tour community, Fredericksburg City Public Schools is offering two options (virtual learning or in-person learning) for students to receive their education in the 2021-22 school year. Families and students are encouraged to work through the statements on this document in order to determine which option will be the best for their child(ren). After reviewing the characteristics, if you are still unsure whether making a commitment to online learning for the first semester is the best fit for your family, talk to your child’s school counselor or administrator before applying.
For the 2021-2022 school year, students in grades 6-12 who choose the virtual learning option will be expected to participate in their scheduled classes synchronously each day during the classes’ normal meeting times.
- I am comfortable having less in-person time with other students and teachers.
- I am willing to be on camera and am comfortable interacting with the teacher and classmates in a virtual setting.
- I understand that online classes can be just as challenging (or in some cases, more challenging) than in-person classes.
- I believe I will be successful in each of my classes by receiving synchronous instruction that follows the same daily schedule as my in-person peers.
- I am self-motivated, set goals for myself, and with support, can follow through with achieving my goals.
- I can stay focused and engage in a virtual classroom setting for at least 30 uninterrupted minutes.
- I am comfortable setting aside distractions at home to focus on my daily academic tasks (toys, TV, games, devices, etc.).
- I can manage time in order to complete activities and tasks. I feel comfortable creating a daily schedule and sticking to it.
- I am a good communicator and will ask questions when needed. I enjoy reading, writing, and working with others virtually.
- I consistently complete schoolwork and submit assignments on time.
- I read and apply teacher feedback to my work.
- I was a successful virtual learner during the 2020-2021 school year.
- If I am struggling academically, socially or emotionally, I feel comfortable reaching out to school staff for additional support.