Connection Resources Center
Welcome to the page for our Connection Resources Center (CRC). The CRC is responsible for contributing to the successful transition of students in Fredericksburg City Public Schools. The CRC staff is knowledgeable in research-based instructional strategies, second language acquisition, and WIDA English Language Development (ELD) Standards. They are also passionate for equity and inclusion for underserved and/or at-risk populations.
- Is the central point of contact during registration, answers questions about FCPS, and assists students/parents navigate school processes and opportunities.
- Serves as a liaison between EL families and the school division.
- Establishes and maintains a Connection Resources Center for FCPS families and students with a focus on EL families.
- Serves as a liaison to EL teachers and administration in FCPS as well as EL families and the school division.
Management/Oversight of EL Compliance
- Manages EL student information system.
- Ensures that the district student information system is accurate and up to date with EL student information.
- Identifies EL students enrolling in FCPS.
- Facilitates the collection of evidence from schools for division Title III audit Contributes to the creation and editing of program manuals, forms, documents, training manuals, and power point presentations.
- Attends workshops for Division institutes and state conferences as requested by direct supervisor.
- Assists building level administrative teams with WIDA assessment training of assessment proctors.
- Consults with division representatives regarding the creation of alternative pathways to graduation for EL students.
To schedule an appointment for an initial EL screening, click the button below.
Connection Resources Center Specialist