New Student Registration
Welcome to Fredericksburg City Public Schools. Below are the steps for New Student Registration.
210 Ferdinand Street
Fredericksburg, VA 22401 Telephone: 540-940-8380
Step 1: COMPLETE REGISTRATION FORMS -
You can print the forms off below. The forms will need to be mailed to: FCPS Registrar, 210 Ferdinand Street, Fredericksburg, VA 22401 OR placed in the Drop Box in front of the building.
- FCPS Registration Form
- Personality Profile (Kindergarten Only)
- Permission to Release Records
- Home Language Survey
- FCPS Health Form
- Tuberculosis Risk Assessment
If you are unable to print the forms, a registration packet can be picked up from the vestibule at 210 Ferdinand Street during the following hours:
- Monday 8-4
- Tuesday 8-4
- Thursday 8-4
- Friday 8-2
Step 2: GATHER DOCUMENTS -
Parents or legal guardians registering their child in FCPS must provide the following documents during the registration process.
Proof of Residency in the City of Fredericksburg
In order to attend Fredericksburg City Public Schools, students and their parent/guardian must be residing in the City of Fredericksburg. All of the documents must be current, valid and reflect the address being used to enroll the student.
Documentation must include one of the following:
PRIMARY DOCUMENTS: mortgage statement, deed or rental agreement/lease;
and one of the following -
SECONDARY DOCUMENTS: current utility bill or letter of account from a utility company (gas, electric or water only), or real estate tax bill/statement.
*** If your name does not appear on the lease/mortgage agreement of the residence in which you reside, you must provide a verification of residency letter from the tenant/owner indicating that you reside with him/her. In addition you must provide proof of the tenant’s/owner’s city residency by providing the documentation listed above. DRIVER’S LICENSES CAN NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Original Birth Certificate
Please provide us with a copy of this. We will need to see the original during the virtual registration appointment. If you need a new birth certificate in Virginia, information can be found at the Virginia Office of Vital Records. (https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/vital-records/applications-for-a-vital-record/)
DMV is also able to assist in obtaining new birth certificates.
Parent/Guardian Government issued picture ID(Passport, driver’s license, military ID card)
- Immunization Record/School Entrance Physical Exam (dated within 1 year of entering school) These documents must be signed by a physician and recorded on a State Health Form, which may be obtained from your physician, Health Department or printed here – COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA
Please note: The Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) and Virginia Health Services (VHS) have not waived the health requirements for the 2020-21 school year, even though it will begin with the full-time distance learning model, so families must still submit the required health documents during the registration process.
REQUIRED IMMUNIZATIONS AND SCREENINGS:
- 4 doses DPT (one after 4th birthday)
- Hemoglobin or Hematocrit (if indicated)
- 4 doses Polio (one after 4th birthday)
- Urinalysis (if indicated)
- 2 doses Measles (rubeola received after 12 months of age)
- Vision and Hearing Screening
- 2 doses Measles, 1 dose Mumps, 1 dose Rubella or 2 doses MMR
- Lead Screening/Level (if indicated)
- 2 doses Varicella
- TB Screening – PPD if any yes answers on the screening questions
- 3 doses Hepatitis B vaccine
- TDAP (Required for ALL Rising 6th, 7th and 8th grade students
Custody papers (if applicable)
Power of Attorney, notarized guardianship papers, and other similar documents are not accepted for enrollment in FCPS. Custody must be adjudicated with the courts prior to enrollment.
Step 3: MAKE AN APPOINTMENT –
After you have completed all forms and gathered all documents, please call or email the registrar to schedule an appointment for a virtual registration meeting. We are unable to accommodate walk-ins. During the virtual meeting, the registrar will review all registration documents submitted, answer questions, and provide the next steps in the registration process. It is requested that families have all original documents (birth certificates and parent/guardian photo ID) available at the time of the scheduled virtual meeting.