Social Media Comments Policy
We welcome you to engage with Fredericksburg City Public Schools (FCPS) through our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages. We use social media platforms to share news and information, promote and raise awareness of district and school services and activities, and engage with the FCPS community around relevant topics. FCPS’ social media channels are not intended to be a general public forum covering all topics.
FCPS does not agree with or endorse every comment or link that individuals post on its social media pages.
We ask that all comments, private messages, and other interactions on FCPS social media accounts be respectful and courteous. We reserve the right to remove or hide content that includes, but is not limited to:
- comments or content that is not topically related to the particular posting;
- individually identifiable student or personnel information;
- copyrighted material posted without permission;
- confidential material;
- spam, advertising, or commercial solicitations or information;
- spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly;
- obscene, defamatory, harassing, discriminatory, violent, threatening, vulgar, hateful, or sexual language or material;
- name calling and/or personal attacks;
- advocating the commission of a criminal act or one that violates FCPS policies and regulations; and,
- off-topic or disruptive remarks.
We also reserve the right to temporarily block or ban users whose posts or comments on FCPS social media pages fall within the above categories.